Tuesday, March 31, 2009

indexing

I have a bit of a pet peeve-- I try to stay up to date with reading articles and then I want to then save them to my "2009" folder on RefWorks so I can find them again. Of course I can type in the citations (slow and old school), but prefer to find references (in LISTA, in Library Lit) and export citations to RefWorks. Only it takes months for new articles to show up in those indexes.
Is there a better way? And why, again, do we pay for indexes? The articles I'm looking for aren't (yet?) in Google Scholar, Emerald doesn't seem to offer exporting of citations, but if/when Google figures out to get articles in Scholar faster, will indexes die? Do you use the value added (questionable for indexes like the two mentioned above) controlled vocabulary to mine these databases or would a google scholar search do it for you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home